Fortis Memorial Research Institute (FMRI) is a multi-super-speciality, quaternary care hospital with an enviable international faculty, reputed clinicians, including super-sub-specialists and speciality nurses, supported by cutting–edge technology.
A premium referral hospital, it endeavours to be the 'Mecca of Healthcare' for Asia Pacific and beyond. Set on a spacious 11-acre campus with 1000 beds, this 'Next Generation Hospital' is built on the foundation of 'Trust' and rests on four strong pillars: Talent, Technology, Service and Infrastructure.
TRANSPLANT SURGERY IN FMRI:-
- Transplanting an organ from one person to another require high level of surgical & medical expertise. At Fortis Memorial Research Institute, we have world-renowned surgeons and organ transplant experts who have performed several transplants than any other hospital in the state.
- Our objective at the Fortis Memorial Transplant Program is to provide the highest quality of patient-centred care in a community setting. Our physicians, coordinators and nursing staff are all highly trained individuals with many years of experience in the transplant field providing pre-operative, peri-operative and post-transplant care.
- We offer all types of transplantation currently available, including heart, heart-lung, lung, kidney, kidney-pancreas, liver, liver-small bowel and bone marrow.
ROBOTIC SURGERY IN FMRI:-
Despite the ubiquitous use of minimally invasive or laparoscopic surgery nowadays, its usage has been limited to regular procedures. This is primarily due to the dependency on older instruments as well as conventional video technology surgeons must count on to operate through small incisions.
At Fortis Memorial Research Institute, we have a dedicated Robotic Surgery department which dramatically enhances the visualisation, precision, control and dexterity of the surgical procedure by helping the physicians in performing complex surgery in a manner never before experienced. With advanced surgical enhancements, our physicians are now capable of extend the benefits of minimally invasive surgery to the broadest possible range of patients.
With Urology, Nephrology and Oncology being at the top end of the spectrum of technology intensive specialities worldwide, FMRI has always been up to the challenge with the induction of the latest 4th generation robotic surgery system, the DaVinci Xi Robotic platform, AMS GreenLight Laser technology and High Intensity Focused Ultrasound treatment for prostate cancer.
The majority of robot-assisted minimally invasive surgical procedures involve a few very small incisions; some require none. Even many procedures can be carried out on an out-patient basis. Out patients get:
- Quicker recoveries
- Fewer and/or smaller scars
- Reduced blood loss
- Faster return to normal daily activities
- Shorter hospital stays
Fortis Memorial Research Institute employs the da Vinci Surgical System, a robotic system that makes it possible to perform diaphanous and complex procedures with a high degree of precision. This is particularly important in highly vascular areas in the human body, such as the pelvic area.
We possess great expertise in the related domain and have successfully carried out hundreds of minimally invasive procedures using robotic assistance. In addition, we always strive to explore new technology platforms, innovative instruments and advanced systems of care for performing minimally invasive surgical procedures through the next-generation operation room.
Our robotic surgery services include:
- Transoral Robotic Surgery (TORS) for oropharyngeal cancer, supraglottic cancer, hypopharyngeal cancer, thyroidectomy and neck dissections.
- Robotics surgeries for uterine cancer, cervical cancer, staging for ovarian cancer, suspicious gynae cancers and for premalignant gynaecological conditions.
- Robotic Radical Prostatectomy
- Robotic Radical Nephrectomy and Nephroureterectomy
- Robotic Partial Nephrectomy
- Robotic Radical Cystectomy with Intracorporeal Ileal Conduit
- Robotic Radical Cystectomy with Intracorporeal Neobladder
- Robotic Pyeloplasty
- Robotic Pyelolithotomy and Ureterolithotomy
- Robotic Renal Cyst Excision
- Robotic Ureteral Reimplantation
- Robotic Lymph Node Dissection
- Robotic Metastasectomy
- Robotic Adrenelectomy
- Robotic Cystoplasty
- Robotic Mitrofanoff procedure
- Robotic Varicocoele surgery
- Intuitive Surgical DaVinci Xi Robotic Surgery System