He has the distinction of being the pioneer of establishing successful liver transplant programme in the public sector and initiating the only MCI accredited MCh course in HPB Surgery. He has been conferred with FACS, i.e, Fellow Of American College of Surgeons. He has regularly published in international journals with high Impact Factor. His work is well acknowledged in international community as shown by his active participation in various meetings and nomination as member of the editorial board and reviewer of reputed journals. He is an accomplished Laparoscopic, Hepato-Pancreato Biliary and Liver Transplant surgeon. In recognition of his contribution to the field of Transplantation Surgery, he has been awarded Honorary Diploma in Transplantation Surgery by the European Board of Surgery in collaboration with the European Society of Organ Transplantation. In this regards, he is the first Indian to be conferred such an honorary award.
- MBBS - Goa Medical College, Panaji, 1988
- MS - General Surgery - Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi, 1997
- MCh - Surgical Gastroenterology/G.I. Surgery - G B Pant Hospital / Moulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi, 2000
- Fellowship - European Board of Surgery
- Fellowship - American College of Surgeons
- Diploma - Transplantation Surgery - European Board of Surgery