Dr. Zafar is a fellowship trained kidney transplant surgeon who is closely involved in the counseling, care and surgical treatment of patients requiring kidney transplant at Medanta hospital. He is also an integral part of the team, which has pioneered and popularized the minimally invasive Robotic surgical technique of kidney transplantation all around the world. Dr. Zafar is an acknowledged expert in the management of male health related problems. Utilising his experience at Cleveland Clinic, Florida in Men’s Health, he has streamlined the management of male sexual problems and infertility at Medanta through a sensitive, scientific and protocol-based approach. He is especially skilled in microsurgical procedures for infertility (VEA, varicocele surgery), Peyronie’s disease and reconstructive procedures for sexual dysfunction (penile prosthesis). He has streamlined the Penile Rehabilitation Program for recovery of sexual function in Prostate cancer patients who have undergone Robotic Radical Prostatectomy. His other fields of interest and expertise include Endourology (treatment of kidney stones and prostate disease), stricture urethra and minimally invasive urology (laparoscopic and robotic).
- Skilled in Robotic and Open Kidney Transplant Surgery
- Men's health expert trained at Cleveland Clinic, Florida
- Runs a highly successful Penile Rehabilitation Program
- DNB (Urology)Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad -2012
- MRCS (UK)Royal College of Surgeons of England, London -2012
- MS (Surgery)Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences, Ranchi -2007
- MBBS (Hons)MGM Medical College Jamshedpur -2001