Dr. Anirban Deep Banerjee is an eminent neurosurgeon with extensive experience in the fields of Stereotactic & Functional Neurosurgery as well as Skull-base Neurosurgery. Earlier, he was working as a Senior Consultant – Neurosurgery & In-Charge: Movement Disorder Clinic, Institute of Neurosciences, Apollo Kolkata. After completing his MBBS from University of Calcutta, Dr Banerjee completed his Neurosurgery residency (M.Ch.) from NIMHANS, post which he successfully completed AANS-recognized prestigious neurosurgical Fellowships in USA: Skull-base Neurosurgery (LA State University) and Functional Neurosurgery (Cleveland Clinic). His main fields of interest include Stereotactic & Functional Neurosurgical procedures for intractable movement disorders (e.g. Parkinson’s disease, Essential Tremor, Dystonia), spastic disorders (e.g. Cerebral Palsy, Multiple Sclerosis, Post head-injury, Post spinal-cord injury, Post stroke), psychiatric disorders (e.g. Obsessive Compulsive Disorder), and epilepsy. To date, he has experience of over 400 cases of neuro-modulation surgeries including over 150 cases of Deep Brain Stimulation surgery (brain-pacemaker implants) and is credited with innovations in establishing novel skull-base neurosurgical approaches. He has numerous peer-reviewed publications in reputed journals and neurosurgical text-books as-well-as invited-speaker presentations, including Faculty to the 16th World Congress of Neurosurgery, WFNS 2017, Istanbul, Turkey.
- Fellowship: Functional & Restorative Neurosurgery Center for Neurological Restoration, Department of Neurosurgery, Cleveland Clinic, Ohio, USA -2012
- Fellowship: Skull-Base & Complex Vascular NeurosurgeryDepartment of Neurosurgery, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, Louisiana, USA -2011
- Post-doctoral Fellowship: Skull-Base NeurosurgeryDepartment of Neurosurgery, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, Louisiana, USA -2010
- M.Ch. (Neurosurgery)National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences (NIMHANS), India -2008
- M.B.B.S. -N.R.S. Medical College, University of Calcutta, India2002