Dr. Rajesh Ahlawat is a world-renowned name in the field of Minimally Invasive Urology and Renal Transplants with more than 39 years of experience. He is credited with establishing high-volume Urology and Renal Transplant programs at Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow, Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi, Fortis Hospitals, New Delhi, and Medanta – The Medicity, Gurugram. An accomplished endourologist, laparoscopic and robotic surgeon, Dr. Ahlawat pioneered the world’s first Robotic Kidney Transplant (RKT) with regional hypothermia. A teacher and academician at heart, Dr. Ahlawat initiated Urology training M.Ch. and D.N.B. programs at all previous institutions of his association. He was awarded the Chakraborty Fellowship by Indian American Urological Association for year 1992 and PN Berry Fellowship in 1995. He was honored with the title of Honorary Lecturer conferred to him by the University College London Hospitals (UCLH), U.K. in 1995 during his stint at Institute of Urology and Nephrology.
- Has pioneered the world's first Robotic Renal Transplant
- Credited with establishing 4 successful Urology and Suprarrenal Transplant programs in India
- Recipient of 2016 President's Gold Medal by USI
- MCh (Urology)AIIMS, New Delhi -1986
- MNAMS (General Surgery)DNB Board, New Delhi -1982
- MS (General Surgery)KGMC, Lucknow -1980
- MBBS -KGMC, Lucknow -1976