Having specialised training in Paediatric Haematology Oncology, Dr. Dhwanee Thakkar brings along her expertise in diagnosing and treating Haematological Disorders in children like different kinds of Coagulation Disorders including Haemophilia, von Willebrand Disease, Rare Bleeding Disorders, Anaemias including Hemolytic and Nutritional Anaemias, etc as well as Oncology Conditions like Blood Cancers (Leukaemia), Lymphomas and Solid Tumors in children. She is also trained in diagnosing and treating Primary Immunodeficiencies. She has been actively involved in Haematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation.
She has completed her MBBS and MD Paediatrics from Surat, Gujarat followed by Fellowship of National Board (FNB) and Fellowship of Indian Academy of Paediatrics (FIAP) in Paediatric Haematology Oncology and Bone Marrow Transplant from Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi. She later went on to get advanced training in Haemostasis and Thrombosis from The Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh, Scotland.
Her special interest lies in Coagulation Disorders. She has been actively involved in several conferences, seminars and workshops. She has authored a number of publications and presented papers at various national and international conferences.
- Specialist in Paediatric Haematology and Oncology
- Trained as a Fellow in Haemostasis and Thrombosis from The Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh, Scotland
- Fosters special Interest in Haemophilia and rare bleeding disorders
- Fellowship in Haemostasis and ThrombosisRoyal Infirmary of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, Scotland -2018
- Fellowship of National Board (FNB) in Paediatric Haematology Oncology Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi -2015
- IAP Fellowship, Paediatric Haematology Oncology and Bone Marrow Transplant Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi -2015
- M.D. PaediatricsSurat Municipal Institute of Medical Education and Research, (SMIMER), Surat, Gujarat -2012
- M.B.B.S.SMIMER, Surat, Gujarat -2007