Dr. Ambrish Mithal has rich experience of over two decades. He has held various positions both in academia and corporate hospitals. His contribution to endocrinology, particularly diabetes, thyroid disorders and osteoporosis is well recognized. His major current areas of research interest include diabetes and the heart, evaluation of new therapies for diabetes, vitamin D nutrition in Indians, and prevention of osteoporotic fractures. Dr Mithal is also principal investigator in several diabetes drug trials. Dr. Mithal was the first DM in Endocrinology from the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (1987).
- The first DM in Endocrinology from the All India Institute of Medical Sciences in 1987
- Established India’s first bone density measurement system and osteoporosis service
- Awarded Springer citation prize in 2013 for paper on 'Global Vitamin D Status'
- D.M. (Endocrinology),AIIMS, New Delhi -1987
- M.D. (General Medicine)GSVMMC, Kanpur -1984
- M.B.B.S. -GSVMMC, Kanpur -1980