Cardiology deals with diseases of the human heart. According to the world health organization, around 17.9 million deaths occur per annum due to diseases associated with the heart. The reason behind such high prevalence includes lack of exercise, sedentary lifestyle, unhealthy food consumption habits, lack of sleep and stress. With such a vast global burden, there's a larger demand for good hospitals and well-experienced doctors.
All modern and advanced cardiac procedures are available in India including angioplasty, valve replacement, stent placement procedure, and bypass surgery.
The cardiac care in India is very reputable as the hospitals are JCI and NABH certified. The cost of cardiac procedures is very reasonable and relatively low without compromising the quality of treatment.
Indian cardiac centres have a well qualified and experienced team of doctors, with the superb infrastructure.
Best cardiac care with low cost is the main reason why Indian hospitals are considered as the favourite destination points for cardiac care.
Cardiac procedures like heart valve replacement cost $70,000 in the USA, whereas, $10,000 in India. Cardiac bypass surgery is the most common procedure performed for heart blockage. The bypass surgery in India costs $8,000, whereas in the USA it costs about $35,000.
As per who record, cardiovascular diseases (CVD) take the lives of 17.9 million people every year, 31% of all global deaths. Key triggers for these cardiac diseases – which manifest initially as heart attacks and strokes – are smoking, tobacco use, unhealthy diet, sedentary, and alcohol abuse. These, in turn, show up in people as raised blood pressure, elevated blood glucose and overweight and obesity, risk detrimental to good heart health.
Fascinating facts concerning your heart:-
- Every day, the human heart beats about 100,000 times, and it pumps 2,000 gallons of blood throughout your body.
- The average heart is the size of an adult fist and weighs less than one pound, but a man’s heart is usually two ounces heavier than a woman’s.
- The heart is capable of jetting blood at a distance of up to 30 feet.
- The beating sound your heart makes is produced by the opening and closing of its valves.
- A woman’s average heartbeat is quicker than a man’s by eight beats per minute.
- Heart cancers are very rarely seen because the heart cells stop dividing early in life
- Laughing is good for your heart. It reduces stress and gives a boost to your immune system. Fifteen minutes of laughter therapy for a day is vital for your heart